Saturday 10 August 2013

Where Do Babies Come From? (Ask God, He Knows.)


"When I was a kid, my mother told me that I was a little piece of blue sky... 
... that came into this world because she and Dad loved me so much. 
It was only later that I realized that it wasn't exactly true. 
Most babies are coincidences. 
I mean, up in space you got all these souls flying around...
... looking for bodies to live in.
Then, down here on Earth, two people have sex or whatever...
... and bam, coincidence.
I, on the other hand, am not a coincidence.
I was engineered."

The opening dialogue is taken from the movie "My Sister's Keeper" where a little girl (the main actress) explains how she was born with a particular purpose, genetically engineered in vitro, in a test tube or a petri dish, and that the idea of her very existence was to save her older sister who suffered from leukemia. 

Although there are many reasons and explanations in the world as to how we came to be on this earth, how we came into existence, the biological explanation being the most blatantly obvious, (LOL! :-p) I can't help but wonder about the pre-existence... where did we all come from before we came to be? Before we were delicately, intricately and secretly knitted together in the womb...?

Where did our souls come from?
And where did they "hang out" before our bodies were created?
I know this must be a truly weird question, but being the unorthodox thinker that I am, I just can't help but wonder. Since we all started out as babies, I will therefore pose the age-old question: "Where do babies come from?"

You see, sometimes when I'm lucky I ask myself certain things, and then I so happen to come across some thing(s) that help explain whatever it is that I need explained to me. Call it my intuition or whatever, but it's almost always on point! Thus, whilst busy on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, etc) I came across a link to an article based on a book by a lady named Crystal McVea. It came under the heading "7 Things You Didn't Know About Heaven," and I thought wow, how strange....who's ever been to Heaven? But nonetheless, I was interested, so I read up on it. 

Basically the author is a lady who had a near-death experience and documented her thoughts, feelings, and other senses. Allow me to just quote one paragraph that she writes. One of the summarized seven points went as follows:

You don’t go to Heaven, you return to Heaven. “In Heaven, I wasn't so much meeting God as I was recognizing Him. And in the same way, Heaven did not feel like a new and strange place to me, it felt like home. And that is one of the most beautiful truths about Heaven—that when you get there it is familiar to you. It is like you are remembering it instead of experiencing it for the first time. In every possible way, Heaven feels like home.” - Crystal McVea "Waking Up In Heaven."

I was led to follow this up with a couple of scriptures.
Matthew 18:10 says See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in Heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in Heaven."




And Philippians 3:20-21 says "But our citizenship is in Heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like His glorious body, by the power that enables Him even to subject all things to Himself."

So I mean, surely if there are hints that God somehow knew us before we even came to be, (Psalm 139) if we, even as babies are citizens of Heaven, then we must have spent time with Him before we were sent to Earth....maybe? Maybe somewhere in space, distance and time, before we were given our body forms, whilst we were still star dust, before the flesh and the bones and the skin, prior to the breath of life that was breathed into our lungs, we spent "eternity" just chilling out with our Creator. B-)

It's a possibility. 

It is one way of looking at things.

It is a plausible explanation for the existence and the origin of our spiritual beings. The fact that we all have the capacity to connect with one another - another human being on an emotional level, and to connect with God (or a higher power) on a spiritual level. There is that little piece of evidence, the Godly "DNA" which we all carry, pointing out the fact that we all originate from His realm. - why deny it?

If only our memories served us really well and we could remember the nine months spent in a transition state, hidden from the world, and most probably in constant communication with Him. How cool would that be? Only God knows why He has shielded us from it, why He has put a veil between the two worlds, and only He knows what's best, so I'm not going to test and challenge Him on this one, hahaha! But yeah, how cool would that be? :) If we came into this world all-knowing and in no need of physical, emotional, spiritual and mental preparation for our lives on Earth. How strange. I guess life's trials and tribulations come in many forms and they are required for us to grow, and this growth is required for our strength, which is in turn required for us to overcome the principalities that be. But understanding all of that would be a whole other topic study on its own!

What I'm saying is, there must be more to life than simply life and death, and more to the aspect of life after death, for I do believe there is life before "life" itself, if that makes any sense. And only God knows who we were before we were who we are today, which is why He is the answer to ourselves. The alpha and omega. Author and finisher of our faith.

So where do babies come from? Don't know! All we can do is live our lives seeking His kingdom and drawing ourselves "closer to home" per say, and getting ready for our return, where He will wipe our tears and say "Well done."  


No comments:

Post a Comment